This class is six weeks of puppy fun! Puppies will learn general manners such as sit, down, coming when called, and playing nicely with others. We will also answer important questions such as, "How do I housetrain my puppy?", "How do I get my puppy to stop chewing on the couch?", and "How do I teach my puppy not to jump on people?" Puppy class is the most important class your dog will ever attend.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 6 weeks (Week 1 is a mandatory Puppy Parent Orientation for humans only)
Fee: $200 (if your dog was adopted from a shelter or 501©3rescue group, the fee is $175)
Course prerequisites: Puppies must be under 16 weeks of age at the start of the first class (no exceptions) and have received their first two DA2PP (aka DHLPP or DHP) vaccinations and a wellness check by a veterinarian. If your puppy is over 16 weeks of age, please look at either our Adolescent Manners or Just the Basics classes.
Class includes: Handbook, homework, and Certificate of Completion
Class capacity: 8-10
Location: SF SPCA Mission campus
- Thursdays, September 28 - November 2, 7:45 - 8:45 pm with Kimberlee: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Sundays, October 1 - November 5, 2:00 - 3:00 pm with Emily: Sorry, section and wait list are full.
- Wednesdays, October 4 - November 8, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Maureen: Section is full, only 2 wait list seats remaining.
- Mondays, October 9 - November 13, 7:30 - 8:30 pm with Steph: Register now.
- Wednesdays, October 18 - November 22, 2:15 - 3:15 pm with Michelle: Register now.
- Sundays, October 29 - December 10 (skips Dec. 3), 11:15 am - 12:15 pm with Alisha: Register now.
Classes full or want some additional socialization? Consider attending our Puppy Playgroup! These one-time playgroups offer valuable socialization and teach impulse control in a fun environment. Please visit the above link for details.